Friday, January 28, 2011

Coastal Clients!



I am in the middle of a fabulous design job at the coast with some fabulous clients.  They are so wonderful to work with and have put up with a great deal of waiting to get product transported up here .... but it is starting to come together!  This is what we are calling the "Something's Gotta Give" room.  The rug is from Dash and Albert and it is absolutely stunning and massive.  I wanted to do a real Hamptons feel in here as the position of absolute beachfront demanded that style.  We are yet to put up artwork and I am still sourcing a floor tripod lamp for the corner but we are so happy with the results so far.  I sourced a lot of the product from the lovely Heidi at French and English in Brisbane and also the Dash and Albert rug from the lovely Robyn of Magnolia in Brisbane.  I had been searching everywhere for my Something's Gotta Give rug and Robyn had sourced them from America.  I had the blue paisley cushions custom made to give a real Ralph Lauren feel.


As you can see the stripe rug really anchors the room and pulls it together.  The floors are gorgeous limed wood and give a light airy feel and is balanced by the limed wood ceiling. 


The quirky twist to the interior I achieved by the use of these two gorgeous tufted French style tub chairs.  The aim was a slight French Salon feel with a modern twist to work in with the Hamptons style.   They have lovely chocolate coloured turned legs on castors which reflect back to the kitchen cabinetry which is dark chocolate with white stone benchtops.   



Then just continuing with the blue theme I found these two gorgeous Ralph Lauren chairs from Robertson's on the Gold Coast.  They are absolutely beautiful and I am aiming to use them as they are such statement pieces.



The navy polished linen with the tufting and silver studding is incredible...... now I just have to find a home for it!
best wishes and have a wonderful week-end!
 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

12 comments:

Hamptontoes said...

It's coming together quite nicely! It's funny, our Hamptons house is not the traditonal cedar shake home...we have a modern home in the Hamptons with more of a modern, comfortable chic design style going on...love seeing your work!

iheartart said...

Looking beautiful. LOVE the navy chair! Have you tried Fae Rentoul www.summerhouse.com.au for the Lamp? She has some fabulous stuff....

Katie

Kellie Collis said...

I'm loving that gorgeous striped rug! Enjoy the weekend, Kellie xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING DEAREST FRANCES! O.K., this is perfect. The crisp white and the stunning blue are peaceful and brilliant at the same time and THAT WHITE CABINET???? I am looking for TWO similar to that. Oh, the fun of it all! Are you enjoying your settee? I am still waiting to get our rooms DONE completely so I can start moving my settee where SHE BELONGS! But my studio won't be getting a paint job until the summer; Ruben is just about DONE with painting!

MILLE BISES MA BELLE! Anita

The enchanted home said...

You are hired to design my beach house (when I get one that is..lol) FABULOUS! I love every single detail that you put into this fabulous room....lucky client! Where is this fabulous beach house located? It is picture perfect.

red ticking said...

dear frances...this is so fabulous... i am sure your clients are thrilled!!!
you will not believe this... i have a piece of the ORIGINAL rug from SGG movie... our sweet friend over at hampton hostess has the larger piece... i almost died and went to heaven... it is so beautiful...
have a wonderful weekend sweetie... xoxo

Karina Gentinetta said...

Dear Frances, it is so refreshing to see this style. I adore Dash and Albert and did a post on it months ago. I have one myself and it is so forgiving on the children and pets! Congratulations on moving along with this project despite all the trials and tribulations Queensland has endured with the floods. It shows your true commitment to your passion.

Karina

Anonymous said...

Hi Frances

Love the tufted chairs. You did an amazing job it looks fabulous.

Kelly
xoxo

Unknown said...

Love the blue and white so fresh and pretty

love Fay xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Bonne nuit ma chèrie...to think that we live our lives on different time scales, but oh, the love an friendship cross over any gap in time..you are a beautiful soul. BISES, Anita

P.S. Fais de bons rêves....

Melissah said...

This is lovely Frances, you have inspired me to do a little post on the Hamptons - but I might just have to wait until the weekend when I have some spare time. It would be nice to get the odd pretty job like you do - mine are all very modern but now I have my little blog I get my fix of 'prettiness'!
x
Melissah

remstar said...

Gorgeous room. The French salonesque chairs are lovely! Were they custom? first visit to your blog via Radford Furnishings

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails