Monday, July 2, 2012



I am finally getting the chance to post about our special 25th silver wedding anniversary ......we had the most beautiful day and the party was perfection .....





Andrew and I were married on the 20th June, 1987 ....
and we have had the most wonderful life full of ups and downs but always together ..... sharing everything .... and the most important thing we have is our love and our three incredible, beautiful and talented children, Alexander, Dominic and Georgiana .....


I have some photos of our wedding day but I haven't had a chance to download them but these are the ones from our special night .....


we had our party at Delizie's restaurant and John and Gianni completely outdid themselves .... their work was superb and everything was perfect .... Marie and Louis themselves would have loved it!


the attention to detail was exquisite ...


The cake was done by Amanda and we asked for a replica of the cake from the film and she presented this magnificent creation.......


we feasted on an array of elegant cuisine including salmon mousse in pastry cornets, tiny petite venison burgers with caramelized onion relish, risotto in martini glasses, chicken liver pate, cheeses flown in from France, creme brulee, raspberry chocolate cups and my eternal favourite ......  Macarons in a mouth watering selection including one made especially for me  ...... lavender!


John's beautiful creation for me "The Lavender Macaron"





Gianni, me, John and my lovely friend Tonya ....


Crystallized pears ..... divine ....


so beautiful and so perfect ....


Tonya and Gianni ....


My beautiful, gorgeous Mum(look at those cheekbones!) with Dominic who gave such an incredible speech .... we are so proud of him!  Unfortunately, Alexander couldn't be with us as he is filming in Toronto but he sent us recorded messages which were so special.


My beautiful sister, Catherine, my stunning neice, Rachael who was so involved with the event managing .... and Mum and me ....


25 years Silver Wedding  "The Happy Couple" Happy Anniversary my darling Andrew ...


I so wish you were all there .....  we did have fun!
best wishes always ......



love M.A. the 2nd ....

 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

9 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My sweet and wonderful friend,

I am tearing up here......seeing you and your beloved one you both look marvelous and happy. Life is good, isn't it???? Marie herself would have APPROVED and agreed that this display of luxurious and DELICIOUS items are of optimum beauty and taste!!!! LAVENDER MACARONS???? YES!!!!!!! And look at you, your mum, your children!!!

I am working in my little studio trying to prepare it for painting. The former owners of this house painted several times over TWO LAYERS of old wall paper! So we are in the middle of a heat wave and we are using a steamer to get the paper off. But once it is done, I will have my châteuxesque room complete with pure white walls and gray trim!!!

THANK YOU for your comment; it means a lot to me when someone comments on my WRITING. I am plain and simple, and that is my voice. I just read last night in one of my writing books that you must be true to your voice and speak with clarity. That is my intention and I hope to be better at it.

Well my sweet, thank you for this lovely tour of a slice of your life...be well, Anita

Melissah said...

Dear Fran,
Congratulations - what a wonderful achievement & milestone in your lives. You & Andrew both look stunning - love the dress, the feathers, the hair, the tux & of course .... that amazing cake! The food looks beautiful - it's a shame Vogue wasn't there to capture all that creativity! It looks like it was a great night!
I look forward to seeing you in Melbourne - I have sent you an email.

Melissah

Karena said...

Dear Frances a most lovely couple and a beautiful celebration! You are a very fortunate lady and your handsome husband is a blessed man!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Tonya said...

Franny........You dreamed a dream.....and.....you made it come true!!!
Your beautiful vision........John's eternal passion......and Gianni's singular expertise combined to create on occasion that dreams are made of!
And all of us, who Love you dearly, were charmed and blessed to share in the magnificence!
It was truly an affair to remember - and each of us departed that evening wearing the smile you gave us!

Salute to You and Andrew - and to 25 years of living every beautiful minute!
Thank you..... with love,
Tonya xx

vicki archer said...

Congratulations... You look so beautiful and your party amazing... what an achievement and thank you for sharing your wonderful photographs... your happiness shines through... xv

annechovie said...

Congratulations, Frances! What a special milestone. The party looks amazing and you and Andrew are a gorgeous couple! xo

Paula said...

Absolutely stunning! What a fabulous celebration - and you certainly do not look old enough to have been married for 25 years - unless you married at 10 - lol! Delighted to have found your blog - my middle name is
Marie-Antoinette, so I share your obsession!
Paula x

Champagne Macarons said...

Félicitations, dearest Frances! You look so incredibly beautiful and your party would have made Marie herself proud... and lavender macarons!!?? I'm certain those were delicious! You are blessed to have such a lovely family and strong marriage. My husband and I celebrated our 16th anniversary in May. It is truly special to have someone wonderful to share your life with.
Wishing you a most beautiful week! xoxo, B

Ana Antunes said...

First of all thank you so much for the dearest comment you left on my blog. I felt quite touched coming from a stylish lady like yourself! Now came to visit your blog and found this gorgeous party and amazing celebrations!... I just had to leave my Congratulations on such a special day. 25 years is awsome!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails