Sunday, February 10, 2013


Happy Sunday evening everyone!  I hope you have had a wonderful weekend and are fired up for a great week ahead!  Actually, that sounds good but I wouldn't mind another day home with the family!  We have just put Dominic on the plane back to Brisbane and we feel sad, however we know he is going back to a big year full of Shakespeare and Chekhov and wonderful times!  We have just had Dom's friends up from Brisbane who are in his course and it was an absolute pleasure to have them to stay!  This was the table I set for dinner on Friday night after they had been swimming, playing golf and enjoying their last few days of holidays.  Actually, none of them really have holidays as they work part time when they are not attending university, which demands about 50 hours a week ...... 


I love pineapples and this one was fresh and ready to use!!! Beautiful .... it is a smooth leaf pineapple and they are much easier to cut up than their rough leaf cousins!


I love setting up the champagne and wine in the Alfred Gratien ... it always looks so elegant!  


always silver cutlery ... and a Leeuwin Estate Art Series Chardonnay ....


I did a version of the Swedish Hasselback potatoes by substituting the bay leaf for rosemary .... It worked really well with the sea salt and olive oil.....




 I also did a fried rice and a rocket salad .... I know I always do the ROCKET salad!  For my American friends it is ARUGULA!  Then I had these fantastic cuts of eye fillet which were medallions about 2 inches thick.  So Andrew cooked them perfectly on the bbq and we had a mustard and chive sauce to go with it!  Good for feeding hungry men!


At the end of the night I didn't take any pictures of anything else but never mind I think they all enjoyed it!!!!
best wishes always
Frances



 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

7 comments:

Flora Fascinata said...

Have a lovely week, too MA! Lucky family having you at the helm to supply delicious food! Your outdoor setting looks divine and that pineapple. :) x

A Perfect Gray said...

lovely images, frances; I adore your silver place settings. donna

The enchanted home said...

Gorgeous! I love how you entertain, with such elegant flair!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

BONJOUR FRANCES!

IT IS SO good to see you again! I know you have been extremely busy with traveling and being with your family. I am trying to juggle substitute teaching and art and writing and it is more difficult than I thought, time-wise!

Your home is as lovely as ever. I just love your cutlery and that wine bucket with the patina finish. I am having fun "minimizing" the amount of things in my home to achieve a certain style using more gray and white tones and I am bringing out more of my crystal pieces. I love the feel of the more "peaceful" look I am getting.

I wish you joy and much love my dear friend and thank you for coming by to visit! Anita

'LUSH' said...

Frances, Happy Valentine's Day! Thank you for stopping by today! I have to reveal that your home is one of my top inspiration's for my home! I have many photos of your home and decor saved, and I refer back to them often! However, I'm not sure that mine will be as exquisite as yours!

Your dinner setting looks absolutely gracious and elegant! And, your menu looks delicious! Although I definitely love more photos, you were able to satisfy our "visual appetite" with the lovely shots you were able to capture! Have a beautiful day!

Meilina Utomo said...

Loving the lovely pictures in your blog :)

xoxo
http://singingthumbelina.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Your fried rice look so delicious, my favorite and my daughter's favorite too.

Very relaxing setting, I wish it was summer here.

Julie x

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails